Our San Antonio Andropause and Male Menopause Clinic specializes in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for men who are suffering from hormonal decline as they age. Below you can learn more about Andropause or Male Menopause and discover if any of your symptoms are caused by hormonal decline.
Men suffer from hormonal imbalances just like woman do. However, unlike women, middle-aged men do not experience a complete and permanent physiological shutting down of their reproductive system as a normal event.
Men’s testosterone levels steadily decline after about the age of 25, but because it is a slow and gradual decline, many men do not realize how much they have lost. Most men don’t give their hormone levels much thought. However, as hormone levels begin dropping dramatically during their 40?s and 50?s, the effects can no longer be ignored or shrugged off. But when this change occurs we put tend to it down to being “burnt out at work”, having a “mid-life crisis” or “just getting old”.
Growing older is hard enough for men without having to needlessly suffer from declines in testosterone hormone levels. This is called Andropause or the male menopause, as the aging process and symptoms are similar to the symptoms woman experience during perimenopause and menopause. The difference for men is that the decline in hormones is not as sharp and sudden as a women’s decline during menopause. They may not feel drastic physical changes but instead they experience small dips in their energy level, stamina, mental function, and sense of well being among other things.
According to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4 to 5 million American men may suffer from low testosterone, but only 5% are currently treated. What about the remaining 95%? Could you be one of them?
At BH2 San Antonio we provide personalized, medically supervised natural hormone replacement therapy programs for men, as well as customized fitness and nutrition programs for men suffering from hormonal imbalance. Our expert bioidentical hormone practitioners provide a natural treatment for the symptoms of andropause, helping you regain your health, your strength, and your confidence.
Common Andropause Symptoms:
- Depression: Often men never suspect that there may be a medical root to the depression they feel.
- Mood Issues: Commonly, men suffering from andropause will have mood issues such as irritability and anger related issues.
- Hot Flashes: Yes, men will get hot flashes just like women who suffer from menopause.
- Fatigue: Fatigue can often feel like a part of life, so this is one of the andropause symptoms, which often goes unnoticed and unreported.
- Concentration Issues: Much like fatigue, problems with concentration can seem like a byproduct of day-to-day life and stress.
- General Body Aches and Pains: Those experiencing andropause will likely never suspect that their aches and pains could be associated with low testosterone.
- Sleep Problems
- Erectile Dysfunction
- An Increase in Body Fat
- A Loss of Height and Osteoporosis
The BH2 San Antonio Comprehensive Male Hormone Replacement Program includes:
- Thorough Analysis of Laboratory Results, Symptoms, and a review of your Medical, Family and Personal history
- Customized Male Hormone Therapy Programs
- Top-Quality Compounded Bioidentical Hormones and Pharmaceutical-grade Supplements
- Nutritional Guidance and Support
- Personalized Men’s Health and Fitness Programs
To determine your hormonal needs, the hormone specialists at BH2 San Antonio will thoroughly evaluate your symptoms using state-of-the-art diagnostic tests, such as saliva, urine and/or blood tests to determine your hormone levels and your unique bioidentical hormonal needs. After starting bioidentical hormone therapy, your physician will monitor and re-evaluate your hormone levels to insure that they are maintained at their optimum balance.
Benefits of Bioidentical Hormones for Men:
- Increased energy and vitality
- Cardiovascular benefits
- Reduced depression and anxiety
- Sleep better
- Improved muscle tone
- Reduced insulin resistance
- Increased libido and sexual function
- Easier time losing weight and maintaining fitness
- Improved mood and quality of life
Personalized treatment and careful monitoring by a BH2 practitioner can alleviate or even eliminate many of the symptoms of testosterone imbalance and other hormone imbalances as well, making you feel younger, stronger, and more energetic–no matter what your age.
You will be surprised at how quickly you can restore your hormones to optimal levels with the right support.
In just weeks, the men we’ve worked with report looking better, feeling better, and living better — free of the symptoms that used to haunt them.
Our San Antonio Andropause and Male Menopause doctors will provide you with detailed safety information, answer all your questions, and discuss any concerns you may have. They will listen carefully to your description of your symptoms, and will give you information about symptoms, and about hormone testing.
Our San Antonio Hormone doctors will give you all the general guidance you need throughout the process, because they believe strongly that you need to be fully informed before making any decisions and taking active charge of your health as you grow older.
Please call 800-775-4902 Ext 377 to schedule your FREE ANDROPAUSE PHONE CONSULTATION so we can discuss your symptoms, and create and individualized course of treatment for your specific needs.